Thursday April 11th sees the start of the Lakeside Wheelers annual Summer Club League. As is the tradition we will be starting with the dreaded race of truth, the Time Trial. This year we have a new course for members to try out. The course will be 5km long and will start at the Cloughan Inn on the Delvin Road and will travel along the new stretch of the N52 towards Mullingar. This year we will be having two Time Trials and all participants in the League will have to take part in a least one of these rounds.
Please be aware that the League is only open to FULLY PAID UP MEMBERS of Lakeside Wheelers (Paid on-line by 9:00pm Sunday April 7th) & we will NOT be accepting membership payment on the night of any of the races. You have been warned so please do not take offence if you turn up and are not allowed to take part.
Stage 1 - Individual Time Trial
Sign on will be in the car park of the Cloughan Inn & will open from 6:00p.m till 6:20pm on 12th April with the first rider off at 6:30p.m SHARP due to the daylight restrictions. Please sign on as soon as you arrive. TT bikes will be allowed on the night so feel free to bring them along.
Please be careful and vigilant when you are warming up as this is a very busy road particularly at this time of the evening. Please listen to the marshals instructions and the side roads around the Cloughan Inn may be best used for your warm up. Riders who miss their start time will not be accommodated until all other riders have started - but be aware that this will incorporate a 10 second time penalty for missing your slot.
Please DO NOT ask the marshals (or hang around the finish line) at the end of the TT for your finishing time as they will be too busy The Cloughan Inn have kindly allowed us to use their car park for the evening and where possible we would encourage members to support their business.
As always we will require marshals on the first night and if you are interested please email email@example.com to be added to the list. Thereafter there will be a marshal rota drawn up, also as a request of the sub committee we would like to know which of our members have first aid training and would you also please send your details to the same address as above.
|Stage 1||April 12th||5km Time Trial||Cloughan/Ballagh|
|Stage 2||April 24th||35km road race||Dysart|
|Stage 3||May 16th||35km road race||Dysart|
|Stage 4||May 30th||35km road race||Dysart|
|Stage 5||June 12th||3km Time Trial||Taughmon|
|Stage 6||June 27th||35km road race||Dysart|
|Stage 7||July 11th||35km road race||Dysart|
|Stage 8||August 2nd||35km road race||Dysart|
- The league is open to FULLY PAID up club members. The standard Lakeside Wheelers membership (Club Competition) is sufficient to participate. Membership payments will not be accepted by race organisers at events.
- Roads are not closed for races so normal rules of the road apply. It is not a marshal’s responsibility to stop traffic. Each participant must take responsibility for their own safety and ride responsibly.
- We require the goodwill of the residents along the race route for it to operate. Riders must ensure this goodwill continues by riding responsibly.
- Riders will be required to sign on each evening. Sign-on will be at 6.30pm. Sign-on will close at 6:45pm. Please sign on immediately when you arrive!
- Each participant must marshal at least one event.
- League rules and points scoring system are attached separately.
Full details in downloadable format are attached below.